- I feel it is important to tie the technology to the objective because students are held accountable for their learning, and so are teachers. Also, we can guarantee that we are covering the TEKS and that we have an 'end in mind" as we take our journey.
- Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers? I feel it is important to give your students 'ownership' over their learning and this includes the supplies that are needed to accomplish the assignment. We expect our kids to bring the correct books, notebooks and writing utensils to class. How is that any different than holding them accountable for the stations?
- Thinkfinity would be a useful website-based link in my geography classroom. The post card creator and the game "Price of Freedom" links knowledge with web based activities. Students can be held accountable by the quality of the products they create (post cards) and how they perform the simulations. I really like the Tools for 21st Century Learning page. I could give the students options and have them record where they went and what they learned.
- App #1 -- Google Earth: We have been doing a project entitled Geopallooza for the past several years where the students planned a United States and Canada tour for a rock band. They could continue with this same assignment but map the route taken by the tour bus on Google Earth.
App #2 -- Animoto: The goal would be to have the students produce 30 videos over a multitude of topics. The quality of the completed video would be judged in terms of factual representation and how others could learn from the presentation. At the end of the presentations, students could respond in Google docs or Google forms (in relationship to information learned).What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station.
- there are so many ways that we could measure student accountability through the use of net books and IPads. We could produce open-ended assessments in Google docs or Edmodo. We could use the web cam and voice recorder for feed back on things they have learned or things they learned from other group presentations. As I stated in an earlier post, we can use the Poll Everywhere to quickly access areas that we would need to revisit. they could also us the technology to help aid a finished product that is turned in with a rubric, etc. the possibilities are endless