Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tool #6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and out of the Classroom

Poll Everywhere on Control of Kashmir--click on the one you agree with to see results.


Create your own sms poll at Poll Everywhere

Using Edmodo, I created an assignment where my students will read an article I have linked to the website and then comment.
Dowry Deaths in India

I am so excited to use these in the classroom. The Poll everywhere is such an easy way to get a quick response from the students. and it would be really easy to use in Edmodo for a quick assessment of information.

I am extremely obsessed with Edmodo. My husband used Facebook for awhile to lead class discussions but it has such a bad connotation of 'friend'ing your students (even thought that wasn't what has to happen to share on Facebook. I think having a social network that is specific to the classroom is such a great idea. It really facilitates discussions from all students and gives some anonymity to some of the quieter,shyer kids that wouldn't normally add to classroom discussion. I can't wait to use this with my students. I can see so many different possibilities, weekly discussion boards, projects, inner/outer circles, ett.

No comments:

Post a Comment