Friday, March 9, 2012

Tool #11 - Self Assessing and Reflecting





1. My favorite tools that I found in the 11 tools include Edmodo, Diigo, Drop Box, my Blog, Animoto, Wordle, and polls everywhere.  I have already played with Edmodo and can' wait to use it as a teaching tool. For my students, I plan on creating several polls with Polls Everywhere to get quicker feedback on how students are picking up on concepts in class.  I think it would also be beneficial to use TodayMeet to get students to participate more in classroom discussion. 
2. 11 tools helped me realize that boundaries are pretty much limitless. I need to help technology incorporate more critical thinking elements in the classroom. I do sometimes worry about the amount of time it will take to teach some of these kids how to properly use some of these 'tools.' But i do see some merit in providing them with parameters and allowing them to pick the technology that best highlights their information for them.  I really need to invest time into creating ways to utilize the tools in meaningful ways so that we all can get the most out of the curriculum and learning that takes place, inside the classroom and outside.  I don't think I will have to make any accommodations to my classroom, just get devices to help us manipulate and practice with all the wonderful tools that are out there.  Otherwise, I have a pretty open mind about what "on-task" means and how to keep the students engaged and having fun so there won't be a whole lot of changes that are needed in class.
3. The unexpected outcomes from the training included my deeper understanding of how all the tools can be used.  I knew of a lot of them, but it really took practicing with them first to help ignite my imagination on how they can be used.  I think I will be braver in trying these cool new tools.  Now, I just need to find the time to plan all the really cool lessons that will incorporate my new skill set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment