Friday, March 9, 2012

Tool #10 - Underneath it All - Digital Citizenship

 3 things I would want my students to understand about digital etiquette:



  • Cyberbullying is not allowed, either inside class or outside class. What you put on the internet affects your real life. It isn't 'imaginary' just because it isn't being done face-to-face.
  • Technology should not be used to do anything inappropriate. This includes but is not limited to inappropriate 'status updates' or blog posts. what you put on the internet is there for others to see. Universities, Jobs, Sororities/Fraternities and others use your social networking sites to gain a feeling about who you are. Make sure your digital footprint puts your best foot forward.  
  • It is considered unprofessional to write a sloppy report, email, note, etc. in the working world, and I will require my students to make the effort to create worthwhile work products using these devices. 
2. I plan to use the SBISD database in my classroom instruction.
3. Students will watch the videos on the Digiteen website and show their understanding of digital citizenship on our class blog
4.  I will share the idea of digital citizenship with my kids by finding an article that talks about the importance of digital citizenship in the work force so that they will be intrigued that cyberbullying and not being a good digital citizen is not just for teens. And that it can affect you long after you leave the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment